Monday 22 June 2015

Paranormal, Spirits and ghosts

Paranormal, Spirits and Ghosts

by Lisa Paron

 

Things that go bump in the night. 

 My birth was an extremely difficult one, the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck, and in fact I almost didn't live. This resulted in a near death experience that I believe opened a door and  since I was a small child, I knew I was different. I was just fascinated with Astrology, the Occult, paranormal, ESP, telepathy, angels, spirits, ghosts, legends, myths & mythology and all things unexplained. It was the 1960's when new age pursuits were all the rage and metaphysical items were pretty much everywhere.
My experiences with ghosts and the paranormal began when I was a child in the city of Thunder Bay on the shores of Lake Superior. There are many ghost stories and unexplained events and UFO sightings in the Thunder Bay area. If you have ever visited here you may have felt a spiritual vibe similar to Sedona, Arizona. Due to the Canadian shield there is a high level of electromagnetic energy in this location and it is believed to be a vortex similar to the Bermuda triangle. Over the years I have seen objects fly across the room on their own accord, and have experienced many strange events that defy logic. Quite fantastic really, but some things just can't be explained. I have smelled spirits, heard them (sometimes calling me by name), felt them touch me, and have seen mists and energy manifest right before my eyes. Are these energies Angels, Souls or Spirit?

The Lake Superior area is active with paranormal activity and is part of the Great Lakes triangle. Thunder Bay's haunted locations are abundant and over the years I have investigated many of them. This was a time before the term Ghost Hunter became popular but I suppose that was what I was doing. When I was twenty one, I was at an old silver mine in a building that had been abandoned for over 50 years. Built originally in the 1870's to house the miners, it had recently been purchased destined for renovations.​ The new owners invited me to stay for the weekend. My lodgings were on the third floor and try as I might I just could not get to sleep as I have always been a chronic insomniac. Lying there around 2 AM I started to feel a funny sensation like I was being watched.
That's when I looked up and saw not one but two full body apparitions, sitting up on the beams, looking right at me and then talking to each other. They looked like men dressed as miners from the 1800's, only I could see right through them. They were looking at me, then talking to each other, then looking at me, I was in shock as obviously they were talking about ​me. "Gobsmacked" I couldn't believe my eyes! Thank goodness I could not hear what they were saying, it was such a shock to my system I don't know if I could have handled hearing them as well at that time. It was more than enough just to see them, I was just stunned and mesmerized. I wasn't afraid, more like I was captivated in a flurry of mixed emotions. I must admit, ​I got quite a rush from the whole experience. This was the first time I saw an apparition that vividly resembled a person and it was one of the most mind bending experience's of my life but certainly not the last. This is a part of me that I have kept secret until recently as I didn't want people to think I was even more weird. But this is who I am, like it or not, I have to be true to myself.

I know it's easy to say "ghosts, spirits and angels don't exist", but you really are kidding yourself. I know what I saw. When and if something unexplained happens to you and this reality sinks in, it will change your perspective on life and death forever. After all, SEEING IS BELIEVING. After that incredible night so long ago, I have learned to embrace my special gift and seek out as much knowledge as possible on the unknown. Perhaps through the efforts of professional ​paranormal investigators like Zak Bagans from Ghost Adventures additional evidence will be captured to sway mainstream societies beliefs. Anything is possible. I sure would love to investigate with these guys some day, that would be awesome.

I  have seen ghosts and have experienced things that are not logical since I was a little girl. These paranormal experiences freaked me out so bad when I was younger I turned (my radar) off for a long time.  Over the years my sense has kept getting stronger so I decided to turn on my radar again. A few years ago, I lost my parents and I had several incredible paranormal experiences communicating with them. I decided at that point to go with the flow and it was like the floodgates opened. It is like being struck by lightning when one realizes ghosts DO exist... I think it takes a special kind of person to accept this reality and to have the courage to say you believe it. Sadly so many people then think anyone saying such a thing must be nuts.  I have lost friends over it, through the years but too bad, this is who I am. My ability is something I hope to continually develop further. I am someone who understands that there are things in this world that cannot be scientifically explained…yet.

 I believe I am an old soul who has been here before many times. Our soul or spirit is made of energy that goes on after we have crossed over. Sometimes this energy is around us and able to interact with our world. It is another dimension of time and space we can detect through feelings and I believe many of our lost loved one's and friends are here with us all the time as angels or spirit guides to help us. Love is eternal and knows no boundaries. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment